9th December 2013
Photo reblogged from Renz's Sketchblog with 88 notes
One day I had a thought in my head : ” what if Link from Legend of Zelda was a Westerosi Lord/Knight from Game of Thrones ? I wonder if anyone thought it of it?” I had alot of fun doing this, as i learned some new things, and used some new brushes in Photoshop. I may o back and fix some things, but for now, here’s the (almost) finished product. Hope you enjoy.
9th July 2013
Photo reblogged from Simpsonized with 3,581 notes
Game Of Thrones, series 1 (more soon…).
5th June 2013
Photo reblogged from E is for Evelyn with 205,849 notes
All I can hear is Gavin from Roosterteeth shouting FIIIIISH!
I saw this GIF captioned earlier with “Heard you were talking shit about House Tully”
11th May 2013
Photo reblogged from fuck yeah, gendry with 455 notes
Trying to get my groove back from an artblock. Arya and Gendry.
12th March 2013
Post with 1 note
That moment when the guy sitting next to you on the train is reading an ASOIAF novel, and you peek over his shoulder, and in your head go “Ooh, it’s an Arya chapter! I wonder what book it is? Oh man, they’re about to meet up with the BWB! I hope he finishes A Storm of Swords before the season starts!”
I’ve seen several people on the train reading the books, probably about once a month here in NYC, but not close enough that I could go and be a fangirl creeper.
1st March 2013
Photo reblogged from The Night is Dark and Full of SanSan with 1,159 notes
“He’s a guard dog … with issues.” Rory McCann
I love The Hound. Haters can bugger off.
18th February 2013
Photo with 13 notes
The War of Five King by *zippo514
Oh Renly, you would be surrounded by dancing cherry blossoms, wouldn’t you.
18th February 2013
Chat reblogged from fat pink mast with 428 notes
here is the transcript i took down myself at the event, fwiw (it's paraphrased a bit because obviously i couldn't write while he and i were speaking)
- Me: Hi Mr. Martin; I really love -- wow, this mic is loud -- I really love these books, so thank you so much for this opportunity. One of the things I've enjoyed most about the series is the way that the viewpoints keep expanding. [GRRM nods.] Like, in Feast I really appreciated the Dornish characters, because it was interesting to get another racial perspective on the events -- [George nods again, other fans start yowling about spoilers] -- I'm not spoiling anything! (sheepishly, muttered) It's six years old, for god's sake. [some laughter at that] Anyway, um. So I am gay [I get a 'woo!' here], if you couldn't tell by my voice [laughter from the crowd] and I just... ugh, people are gonna yell at me! I'm trying to figure out a way to say this without spoiling, um. Okay, so one of the new POVs, I got the sense that he was gay? And I was wondering if I am crazy and reading into that or if like, that thing was actually a thing. That was happening. [crowd laughter]
- GRRM: You mean in Feast?
- Me: No, I mean in the new one.
- GRRM: Oh in the new one!
- Me: Yeah, I finished! Um. I'm talking about "The Lost Lord." Sorry, sorry! Trying not to spoil anything, ugh. [laughter]
- GRRM: If you are talking about what I think you're talking about, then you're right. [applause]
- Me: Awesome! Well thank you for doing that, because it's something that's important to a lot of people.
- GRRM: There have been gay characters before, of course.
- Me: Yeah, but I mean, a perspective character.
- GRRM: I try to be a little subtle with these things, like with Renly and Loras, I mostly hinted around it. I mean -- I didn't think they were subtle hints! [raucous laughter at this] HBO of course took it to another, more overt level, which was good, but a lot of fans were upset about that, which is a curious thing. The thing is that the sexual scenes, gay or heterosexual, are what I always get the most complaints about. I think that has to do with the Puritanical attitude toward sex here in America. [applause] Because I will always get a ton of letters angry at me over any given sex scene, and I say 'I have a vivid description in here of an axe entering a face, and you don't care about that. But the second I talk about a penis entering a vagina, all hell breaks loose.'
- [crowd laughter]
- GRRM: I think it's important to represent the full rainbow of humanity, whether it's male or female, gay or straight, characters of color, et cetera. And with those characters who are part of those [marginalized] groups, I always try to have different types of people within those categories -- some nice, some mean, some good, some bad -- because at the end of the day I believe what we all are, fundamentally, is human. [thunderous applause at that]
25th January 2013
Photo reblogged from Tumblr of Thrones with 1,270 notes
I made a Game of Thrones themed dinner planning menu for my fridge.